Competition Rules for TheReadingRoom.com™ ("TheReadingRoom.com")
These Entry Rules apply to TheReadingRoom.com competitions. They may be amended or varied from time to time by TheReadingRoom.com.
"TheReadingRoom.com" means the company that is promoting this competition, which is BDB Soti Pty Ltd ABN 81 127 584 098.
2. Who May Enter
The competition is not open to:
- (a) a person who is a user but not a Member of TheReadingRoom.com. A Member of TheReadingRoom.com must agree to the Terms and Conditions of TheReadingRoom.com 2013 and must have completed the sign up procedures to become a member of TheReadingRoom.com, including confirming that they have read the Terms & Conditions, prior to becoming a Member.
- (b) a person who is an employee, officer, servant or contractor of TheReadingRoom.com or its related bodies corporate or associates or any of its agencies involved with this competition;
- (c) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
- (d) a person who has used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by TheReadingRoom.com;
- (e) at TheReadingRoom.com's discretion, a person who has won a prize/prizes valued either individually or collectively at under $100 from or in any competition(s) run by TheReadingRoom.com in the prior 30 days from the date of determining the winner(s) of the competition(s);
- (f) at TheReadingRoom.com's discretion, a person who has won a prize/prizes valued either individually or collectively from $100 to $5000 from TheReadingRoom.com in any competition(s) run by TheReadingRoom.com in the prior 90 days from the date of determining the winner(s) of the competition(s);
- (g) a person who refuses to comply with or breaches any terms of these Competition Entry Rules.
All contestants acknowledge that TheReadingRoom.com can rely on Clause 2 at any time, even if TheReadingRoom.com only learns of a person's ineligibility after TheReadingRoom.com has nominated the person as the winner or awarded the prize. Return of the prize or payment of its value to TheReadingRoom.com can be required by TheReadingRoom.com if this occurs.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Rules, TheReadingRoom.com has absolute discretion in awarding prizes in a competition.
In order to claim a prize in a competition, the winner must:
- (i) be eligible to enter under these Competition Entry Rules;
- (ii) be announced by TheReadingRoom.com as the winner of that prize on the site thereadingroom.com or any other means determined by TheReadingRoom.com;
- (iii) not be prohibited by any rule of law from using or otherwise enjoying the prize for which he or she has been announced as the winner;
- (iv) demonstrate to TheReadingRoom.com's satisfaction that he or she is the winner of the prize, and if necessary prove that he or she is not prohibited from using or otherwise enjoying the prize (for example, by producing photo-identification, such as a driver's licence or passport, or signing a declaration to that effect); and
- (v) comply with any request made by TheReadingRoom.com under the General Competition Entry Rules or any Special Competition Rules that apply to that competition.
- (vi) In a game of skill all Competition entries must be complete and correct to be eligible to enter. All correct entries will be pooled and a winner will be drawn at random.
Where the winner of a prize is below the lawful age to use or otherwise enjoy the relevant prize, TheReadingRoom.com may, in its absolute discretion, award the prize to the winner's lawful parent or guardian or require the parent or guardian to sign an indemnity and consent for the winner to receive or participate in the prize.
Prizes will only be awarded following winner validation and verification.
All prizes must be collected within 30 days of the date TheReadingRoom.com announces the winner of the competition. If a winner fails to collect or chooses not to accept a prize within this time, that person relinquishes any right or interest in the prize.
Upon request by TheReadingRoom.com a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms.
All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and TheReadingRoom.com takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable, TheReadingRoom.com may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
On the following day of the Closing Date of the Competition, ending 04 June 2013, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from the database of Members of TheReadingRoom.com and notified by email within 24 hours after the Draw. For the benefit of doubt, Closing Date is Midnight GMT-9.
No individual prize will exceed $1000. Total prize value will not exceed $1000. No prohibited prizes will be awarded. Permit number will be displayed as required.
Winners will be notified by email or by any other contact details provided by the winner.
If requiring delivery, prizes will be posted to competition winners by registered or ordinary post. Winners may organise delivery of their prizes at their cost with a courier company. Any loss of prizes by a courier company or Australia Post is not the responsibility of TheReadingRoom.com. In that event TheReadingRoom.com may or may not, in its discretion, replace the prize.
Upon request by TheReadingRoom.com a copy of the Competition Entry Rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgment must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms.
The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
TheReadingRoom.com takes no responsibility for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by an entrant. TheReadingRoom.com makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
TheReadingRoom.com shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or sustained (including but not limited to consequential loss), including for personal injury or property damage suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting any prize or participation in any competition or prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
A person who enters a competition releases from and indemnifies TheReadingRoom.com from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in any competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise.
A winner (or his or her parent or guardian as appropriate) may be required to sign and return any liability release and provided by TheReadingRoom.com and/or its contractors as a condition of the prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and a selection of another winner.
TheReadingRoom.com is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable network server or other connections, failed telephone, mid delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
TheReadingRoom.com assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft or unauthorised access to or alternation of entries. Subject to any written directions given under the applicable law, if for any reason, the competition is not capable of operating as planned, including infection by computer viruses, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of TheReadingRoom.com which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition, then TheReadingRoom.com reserves the right, at tis sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
TheReadingRoom.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual for:
- (a) tampering with the entry process, including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of entries, or any other process as determined by TheReadingRoom.com that in any way affects the fairness of the promotion;
- (b) tampering with the operation of the competition or web site;
- (c) acting in an disruptive manner; or
- (d) if an entrant selected as winner is found to be in breach of any term of these General Competition Entry Rules, a new winner may be selected and, in the event that the entrant in breach has been awarded a prize, the entrant may be required to return the prize or reimburse the value of the prize of TheReadingRoom.com.
Participation in the competition constitutes the entrant's unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Competition Entry Rules in relation to a particular competition. These Rules may change from time to time including by extending the time for, varying or terminating any competition.
The Entrant is responsible for insuring his or her familiarity with the Competition Entry Rules at the time of participation. TheReadingRoom.com's decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Competition Entry Rules. TheReadingRoom.com may enforce these Rules in its absolute discretion.
The Competition Entry Rules are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales, in the country of Australia.
7. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
Competition entries and material submitted in connection with any competition (whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of competitors are assigned to TheReadingRoom.com upon submission and become the property of TheReadingRoom.com which may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of TheReadingRoom.com.
All such entries and material remain the property of TheReadingRoom.com (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
Each entrant warrants that he or she owns the copyright and any other intellectual property rights in any such material submitted in connection with any competition and has full power and authority to agree to and grant the above assignment, consents and other rights to TheReadingRoom.com.
8. PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
- (a) refuse to accept an entry which does not contain all or any other of the Personal Information requested by TheReadingRoom.com; or
- (b) record and use the Personal Information for its own marketing, planning, product development, promotional, and research purposes, including but not limited to using the winner's name and suburb of residence for advertising and promotional purposes.
NSW Permit Number: LTPM/09/0454 Class B