Sales Lead, New York
- Be familiar with the publishing industry, publishing cycles and programs.
- Have some understanding of the major publishing houses and their major imprints, specifically, Penguin, Hachette, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Scholastic, Random House, and HarperCollins.
- Have a thorough understanding of online sales and online sales tools, and the effectiveness of online display advertising in the media industry.
- Thorough understanding of social media sites, their usage and audience, and how they can compliment advertising campaigns.
- Strong understanding of online content media sites and key online media metrics - in particular measures of customer engagement and behavior, audience segmentation, and social media integration.
- Familiarity with online advertising management and measurement tools and such as Double Click, Accipiter, Google Analytics, Adwords, AdCenter, and other audience measurement and tracking tools.
- An understanding of the major online book retailers, the availability of eBook readers and portable devices.
- Familiarity with media agencies and buyers for non book related market sectors, such as film distributors, apparel, finance and technology.
Requirements of the role
- Must be able to build on the existing sales pipeline and convert to firm sales and prepare and maintain a sales pipeline that will be sufficient to ensure budgets are met.
- Develop and produce sales presentations that include potential client?s titles and demonstrate integration throughout the TheReadingRoom.com?s site.
- A thorough understanding of the key metrics of measurement used to measure audience traffic on the internet.
- Meet regularly (weekly) with publishers to ensure TheReadingRoom.com is being considered as part of the marketing budget spend for major titles or relevant campaigns, at least 6 months in advance.
- Manage and grow existing sales in accordance with the budget.
- Build relationships with all major publishers and media agencies and buyers to maximize sales and to ensure TheReadingRoom.com is included in all relevant pitches for display ad sales and online sales initiatives.
- An understanding of Standard online IAB standard ad sizes.
- Aid in the preparation and delivery of annual and quarterly budgets in liaison with the CEO and Sales Director, and prepare updates and reforecast as requested.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Provide weekly progress reports on sales including a detailed up to date pipeline.
- Ensure Insertion Orders are signed prior to commencement of an ad campaign.
- Aggregate material specification documents for every campaign on the site and ensure the client is comfortable and aware of the necessary technical and creative requirements.
- Ensure all creative is provided by the client for upload and serving at least 14 days in advance of the commencement of the campaign.
- Participate and represent TheReadingRoom.com where requested at seminars, trade shows, major markets and other publishing events.
- Provide feedback to the development team in order to improve features, functions and usability to improve the site.
- Identify potential PR and marketing opportunities within the US particularly in response to new features released on the site and author/publishing trends.
- Identify topics, advance reader copies for giveaways and competitions.
- Contribute suggestions for social media content for the US market including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
- Create relationships wherever possible with bloggers and social media sites to enhance TheReadingRoom.com and drive traffic.
- Monitor and manage client?s campaigns and provide post analysis reports.
- Familiarity with presentation tools such as SnagIt, advanced PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with standard technical requirements for ad-serving, including Flash, click tags and any other technical requirements in display ad campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Energetic, self motivated and self directing.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong sales background with at least 3- 5 years experience in online media sales.
- Strong presentation skills and clear and articulate manner.
- Ability to identify opportunities for potential partnerships and sponsorship opportunities and drive sales.
- Ability to work independently in a shared office.
- High accountability, efficient and self direction.
- Must have recognized sales training or a Tertiary qualification in marketing, media or communications, commerce or liberal arts, or suitable other qualifications and training.
- Must have a proven track record in online advertising sales - a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
- Sales in book retailing also applicable.
- Previous experience in the media or book publishing industries.
- Excellent knowledge of well known authors, popular fiction and the classics, and familiarity with publishing trends.
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining a sales pipeline.
- Love reading and enjoy books.
The position will be located in New York. Salary commensurate with experience.
TheReadingRoom.com PO Box 935 Spit Junction New South Wales 2088
Tel: + 61 2 9217 2207 E: email@example.com